Saturday, August 18, 2007

DRESS CODE

The new policy in derby schools is that if a student comes to school dressed inappropriately the they will be issued and required to wear scrubs ( hospital clothing)
I understand this, but is this a good idea bad idea or is this an overreaction in a small town with fake values? Why not a dress code as it was 20, 30, 40 years ago and no stupid uniforms? Would this not resolve the issue? Why this step?
The old code was business casual before such a thing. So why not now? The old dress code was simple and I am missing some of it I am sure but would this not resolve the issue or in this day and age with the cost of clothing is it a financial burden that may not be able to be met? What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You worry about the dress code, well my son told me you have some kids that yell at the teachers.
Get rid of the bad kids first, then worry about the dress code.