Tuesday, August 14, 2007

WHY THIS SITE WAS BORN

Many good people in this town voted for our new Mayor Anthony Staffieri. In all honesty like 96% of the people in this town I am a Democrat but voted Republican only to send my old school chum Marc Garofalo in to retirement. I will not vote Republican in the next election and I am waiting to see who wins the Democratic primary between John Orazietti and Dina Weissman to consider if I want to vote Democratic or Democratic for a Independent who is a Democrat Mel Thompson. I don’t know and am looking for suggestions.

Now Marc Garofalo is a great guy but he was surrounded by let us say the least intelligent of our citizens. The cast he surrounded himself with destroyed a promising career and resulted in the Democrats loosing all but one seat in a Democratic city.

I am not ashamed of my vote for Mayor Anthony Staffieri ( Tony as we all know him) but I am ashamed of the job or lack there is he is doing. I am also ashamed of the fact that he is keeping company with the same people who did not have Marc’s or the cities interest at heart. There is another blog run by Republicans as a propaganda machine for Tony. We started this site to provide balance and a more reserved place where you can post without having to be nice to Tony. We are not going to be nice to Tony or any politician but we are going to be fair. Post away, respect each other and have fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how Tony got elected. He had no experience and lacked even a basic education to do the job. I’m sorry but a Mayor without a college degree surrounded by others without college degrees in 2007? This is an embarrassment. I am looking at Weissman but have not made up my mind.

Anonymous said...

Experience should count more than an education but the previous poster is correct in that some measuring stick of acceptability must be met before we elect the next person. Experience and honesty are my two first things college degree is second ( and I have one) but Tony was just a mistake he has no business in that office and has been in over his head from day one please get out.

Anonymous said...

As an independenmt I am glad that at least now if I disagree with the mayor I wont feel as if my house is going to be attacked by a mob of goons. Thanks for the new site and I support Dina.